REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2021 TERM NOW OPEN
Monday, July 5th – Saturday, July 31st (4-week Term)
Offering classes for children 3 years and above.
Summer Term classes will be held in-person. New students please contact the office for level placement. Oregon Health Authority now allow 50% occupancy. COVID mandates and precautions will continue to be strictly enforced.
If you are a returning student, please use the Returning student registration page and log into your account. This will prevent you from having to re-enter all of your contact information again.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER CAMPS NOW OPEN!
Prince & Princess Dance & Art Camp for 3-5yrs
9:00am – 11:00am Monday through Thursday
SESSION 1 – July 5-8th
SESSION 2 – July 12-15th
SESSION 3 – August 23-26th
June Taylor’s School of Dance 2021 Summer Princess Dance & Art Camps offer an imaginative and creative experience for children 3-5 years of age based on the fairy tales we all love. This is a valuable learning experience for the budding young dancer that should not be missed!
On each fun-filled day, the dancers will be taught classes by our qualified and experienced teachers in creative movement, ballet, and tap, plus create an art project to take home. A prepackaged healthy snack will be supplied by JTSD each day.
Each camp session runs from 9:00-11:00am, Monday through Thursday. Space is limited and fills up quickly. To avoid disappointment, register today! Camp tuition is $125. To register, a $25 non-refundable deposit will be collected to hold your dancer’s place. Total tuition will be due by the first day of camp.
All COVID precautions and OHA mandatory restrictions will be fastidiously up-held.
Summer Dance Camp for 6-12yrs
9:00am – 12:00pm Monday through Friday
JULY SESSION – July 26-30th
AUGUST SESSION – August 16-20th
June Taylor’s School of Dance 2021 Summer Dance Camps are designed for children ages 6-12 years of age. Aspiring dancers will be taught by our qualified and experienced teachers in ballet, tap, and jazz. A prepackaged healthy snack will be supplied by JTSD each day. All COVID precautions and OHA mandatory restrictions will be fastidiously up-held.
Our Dance Camps run Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 12:00pm. Sign up early to reserve your space! Camp tuition is $190. To register, a $25 non-refundable deposit will be collected to hold your dancer’s place. The total tuition will be due by the first day of camp.
Senior Intensive and Junior Intensive
Dancers currently in Grade 2 through Grade 4
August 16-20th from 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Explore new dance styles, improve ballet technique, and increase flexibility and strength at our Junior Intensive. Classes will be led by the studio’s director, June Taylor-Dixon, along with her qualified and dedicated teachers. Throughout the week students will be encouraged, motivated, and nurtured to reach their individual potential.
Students dance Monday through Friday from 1:00p-6:00p in a variety of dance styles with an emphasis on ballet technique.
Tuition for the one-week intensive is $350 and is due by July 19th, 2021. A non-refundable registration fee of $75 will hold a spot for your dancer.
Dancers currently in Intermediate Foundation 2 and above
Monday, August 2nd to Friday, August 13th
June Taylor’s School of Dance offers the perfect mix of daily dance training designed for intermediate and advanced ballet students. Students will strengthen their ballet technique, refine their artistic abilities, and experience new and essential dance styles and conditioning methods.
The daily schedule includes conditioning, ballet technique, and pointe work. In addition, dancers will have a combination of Modern, Variations, Improvisation, Choreography, Injury Prevention, and more.
Our Senior Intensive runs from Monday through Saturday from August 2nd to August 13th. The exact times of the intensive will depend on COVID regulations. In the past, we have run classes daily from 9:00a-4:30p but we may have to split up classes for the current mandates. In which case, classes could possibly run until 7:30p.
Tuition for the two-week intensive is $745 and is due by July 19th, 2021. A non-refundable registration fee of $200 will hold a spot for your dancer.
When you register online, you will receive a statement from us by email, indicating the total tuition owed. If you have stored your credit card information in our secure vault, your card will be billed automatically. You can also come into the office to pay, or call us at 503-885-0545 to provide credit card information. You could also mail in a check along with your statement. Please DO NOT email your credit card number to us – email servers are not secure ways to transmit that kind of information. Once you have registered, you can always log onto your account to check on payment status.
Our online system does not have the capability of deducting for multiple classes or early registration – submit your registration without payment and we will send you a statement with the appropriate deductions. You can then pay by any of the methods listed above – if your credit card is stored in the vault, we will initiate the payment and you will receive a statement indicating your payment.
A one-time $20 registration fee will be applied for all first time new students.
- The schedule is subject to change. You will be notified if this is necessary.
- The following applies to students wishing to take the Royal Academy of Dance examinations: Students in Grade 1 through Grade 5 are required to take TWO ballet classes per week. Vocational students, Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate are required to take a minimum of THREE ballet classes per week. Advanced Foundation and above, must take a minimum of FOUR ballet classes per week.
- MAKE-UP CLASSES– All students are expected to make-up their missed classes. Missed classes must be made up during the current term. Please check with your teacher to determine which make-up class you should attend.
- PRIVATE LESSONS must be arranged and pre-paid through the office. Schedules and fees will be arranged through the instructor.
School Rules and Dress Code
- Regulation dress code is mandatory. Our quality KATZ and BODYWRAPPER lines of dancewear can be purchased at the school. The dress code is posted in the studio lobby and online.
- Hair must be secured neatly in a bun for all classes. No jewelry is to be worn in class.
- Shoes with black soles of any kind must be non-marking. Black leather jazz shoes are strongly discouraged. Have all new shoes checked by an instructor.
- When coming to and going from the studio, all students must wear outer clothing over their dance attire.
- PLEASE LABEL ALL DANCEWEAR WITH THE STUDENT’S FULL NAME.
- No dance shoes are to be worn outside of the studio under any condition.
- No food, drink, or gum allowed in the studio. No hot food is allowed in the waiting or dressing rooms.
- Every student and parent in the school is expected to conform to its rules and regulations and to behave throughout the facility in a disciplined, responsible manner. The school reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student or family whose attitude, attendance, or conduct is found to be unsatisfactory.